Dissecting the Street Medicine Landscape Analysis with Street Medicine Leaders
6/8/23 Note: Due to technical difficulties, this webinar, originally scheduled for June 6, had to be rescheduled to Aug. 31, 2023.
On Aug. 31, 2023, we hosted an in-depth analysis and discussion of the recently published California Street Medicine Landscape Survey and Report. This first-of-its-kind study looks at the scope of street medicine practice across the state of California and how street medicine should be scaled to meet the growing need of people who are unsheltered.
Brett Feldman, MSPAS, PA-C, co-founder and Director of USC Street Medicine, co-authored this report and will discuss the findings and recommendations. He will be joined by an incredible panel of founders and leaders in the street medicine movement as they discuss the implications of this report and what it means for the broader street medicine efforts across the country.
The panelists are:
- Joseph Becerra, CADC II, Street Medicine Community Health worker and Certified Addiction Treatment Counselor
- Corinne Feldman, MMS, PA-C, co-founder of the Keck School of Medicine of USC Street Medicine
- Jim O’Connell, MD, President of Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program
- Jim Withers, MD, Founder of the Street Medicine Institute
This webinar will:
- Examine the scope of practice and team composition for street medicine teams in CA.
- Explore the breadth of street medicine services and how this addresses the unique needs of people experiencing unsheltered homelessness.
- Assess how people who experience homelessness are served by the current healthcare system and by street medicine.
- Understand how street medicine is currently funded, the policies impacting its practice, and predict a future state.