The National Health Care for the Homeless Council offers Organizational Members an opportunity to list job openings on our careers page. Those seeking employment in the HCH field can find jobs listed from all across the United States. This page is viewed over 6,500 times a year.
Council Open Positions:
HCH Open Positions:
Medical Director | San Diego, CA
Come join us at a cutting edge “healthcare for the homeless” clinic in downtown San Diego! We are a dynamic team that runs an FQHC that is see as a center of excellence in California.
The Medical Director oversees clinical aspects of the primary care, psychiatry, dental and behavioral health including strategic planning, clinical operations, and program development. This position will be a mix of clinic and admin time, and it will have multiple direct reports (including the Dental Director, Director of Behavioral Health, and frontline primary care/psychiatry providers). The Medical Director will report to the Chief Medical Officer, who is responsible for all aspects of the clinic. The Medical Director is a counterpart to the Clinic Director (who oversees admin staff, MA/RN team, billing, PSRs, etc.).
Colorado Coalition for the Homeless
Here is a sample of some of our openings. Go to our job board for many more as we are opening a new facility.
NYC Homeless Healthcare Fellowship – Physician (Bronx, NY)
Call for Applications – NYC Homeless Healthcare Fellowship
The NYC Homeless Healthcare Fellowship in partnership with Montefiore-Einstein is now recruiting candidates for July 2023. This 12-month training program will support up to four licensed, board-eligible primary care physicians who join select New York City homeless healthcare organizations as fellows. We welcome graduating residents and early-career physicians who are passionate about providing care for individuals experiencing homelessness.
This 12-month training program enhances the knowledge and skills needed to provide high-quality care for people experiencing homelessness in New York City. The NYC Homeless Healthcare Fellowship has five major components:
1. Clinical Work – During the fellowship year, fellows will spend clinical time working alongside experienced homeless healthcare providers delivering shelter-based care, mobile health care, and/or street medicine at their host homeless healthcare organization.
2. Education – Fellows will participate in lectures, seminars, & workshops each week, with educational content focused in three domains: Medical Care, Health Systems & Social Services, & Physician Resiliency. Fellows will learn more about Virology, Sexual & Gender-Affirming Health, Substance Use & Drug-User Health, Trauma-Informed Care, Mental Health, Migrant Health, Public Health, and Advocacy.
3. Mentorship & Clinical Supervision – Fellows will be matched with experienced homeless healthcare providers for regular Clinical Supervision sessions during which fellows will review complex cases, alternative management strategies, and health system/social service navigation.
4. Experiential Learning – Each week, fellows will participate in experiential learning opportunities related to high-yield areas including psychiatry, addiction & drug-user health, and virology.
5. Scholarly Work – Each fellow will work on a scholarly activity which will result in a final presentation as well as a final product, such as a white paper, original article, provider toolkit, and/or abstract for submission to a professional meeting.
I would also be happy to meet with any interested residents or early-career physicians to discuss this opportunity further.
Compensation and Benefits:
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and will continue until the positions are filled. Final deadline for application submission is January 21, 2023.
We hope that you share this opportunity with graduating residents and early-career physicians who may be interested in healthcare and advocacy for marginalized populations. Please reach out if you have any questions or are interested in setting up an information session. Apply Now