COVID-19 Coffee Chat: How to Be a Single-Payer Advocate During a Pandemic
Presented by the National Health Care for the Homeless Council
September 25, 2020 | 12-1 p.m. Central
The Health Care for the Homeless (HCH) community knows well that the current health care system is broken, which creates and perpetuates homelessness. The HCH community has also spent the last six months on the front lines of a worldwide public health crisis that has only provided further evidence for why we need fundamental changes to the system.
For this reason, the HCH community must also be on the “front lines” of advocating for comprehensive health care that includes everyone, such as a single-payer, Medicare-for-all approach. In this coffee chat open discussion, experts will discuss the status of current federal bills, tangible actions that can be taken, and share updated resources for advocating for SINGLE-PAYER NOW in the midst of a pandemic and ahead of a major election.
- Barbara DiPietro, PhD, Senior Director of Policy at NHCHC and Board Member of Health Care NOW
- Stephanie Kang, MSc, DrPH candidate, Health Policy Advisor for Rep. Pramila Jayapal (WA-07)
- Melinda St. Louis, Campaign Director- Medicare for All, Public Citizen
- Max Romano, MD, Physician, Health Care for the Homeless in Baltimore
- Regina Reed, MPH, Policy Organizer at NHCHC
Archived Webinar Video
Webinar: View on YouTube.