Medicaid Outreach & Enrollment
Enrollment in health coverage is a critical step toward accessing comprehensive health care services. The National Health Care for the Homeless Council is committed to ensuring that all persons are able to access health insurance that is affordable. Below are resources that we have developed to tailor outreach and enrollment strategies to be more effective when working with people experiencing homelessness.
- NHCHC Outreach & Enrollment Activities: A brief list of the activities, services and resources we have compiled that describe our policy goals, trainings, and materials (with hyperlinks) | June 2016
- Consumer FAQ: “What Does Medicaid Expansion Do for Me?”|REVISED June 2018
- Outreach & Enrollment Quick Guide: Promising Strategies for Engaging the Homeless Population| January 2014
- HCH Staff FAQ: Medicaid Expansion states
- HCH Staff FAQ: Medicaid NON-Expansion states
- Client Engagement Tip Sheet(2-pager) | January 2014
- Medicaid Enrollment: Your Guide for Engaging People Experiencing Homelessness (collaboration with the U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness) | October 2013 (watch the webinar here)
- Enrollment Fact Sheet (2 pages) and full Enrollment Policy Brief
- Medicaid Expansion Event Guide | June 2014
- Consumer Involvement in ACA Education and Outreach Policy Brief
This website is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $1,967,147 with 20 percent financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
Copyright © 2021 National Health Care for the Homeless Council, Inc.
604 Gallatin Ave., Suite 106 | Nashville, TN 37206 | (615) 226-2292
Privacy and Payment Policies