- Cultural Competency in Medical Education and Clinical Practice (January 2019) | Presented by the National Health Care for the Homeless Council
- Adapted Anticipatory Guidance for Infants and Toddlers (May 2017) | Presented by the National Health Care for the Homeless Council
- Improving Outcomes through Cultural Humility (2016) | Presentation at the NHCHC Regional Training in Denver, CO
- Cultural Humility When Working with LGBTQ Youth (2019) | Presentation at the 2019 National Health Care for the Homeless Conference
- Paso a Paso: Step-by-Step Toward Cultural Competence (2002)
- Outreach to People Experiencing Homelessness: A Curriculum for Training Health Care for the Homeless Outreach Workers (2005) – See Module 2D: Cultural Competence in Outreach
- Addressing Cultural and Linguistic Competence In the HCH Setting: A Brief Guide (2002) | Jennifer Holzworth, National Health Care for the Homeless Council
- Organizing Health Services for Homeless People: A Practical Guide (Second Edition 2001) | Marsha McMurray-Avila, National Health Care for the Homeless Council- Includes a chapter on cultural competency (pp. 268 – 273).
- Cultural Competence Checklist from the Communication & Connection Tool Kit in Shelter Health: Essentials of Care for People Living in Shelter (2006) | Ken Kraybill & Jeff Olivet | National Health Care for the Homeless Council
- The National Center for Cultural Competence has many resources.
- Multicultural Competency from racialequitytools.org
- CMHS Cultural Competence Standards for Discharge Planning in Managed Care Mental Health Services
- HHS Office of Minority Health‘s Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) Standards
Subscribe today to Receive our latest e-newsletters
This website is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $1,967,147 with 20 percent financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
Copyright © 2022 National Health Care for the Homeless Council, Inc.
604 Gallatin Ave., Suite 106 | Nashville, TN 37206 | (615) 226-2292
Privacy and Payment Policies