Karen Rotondo Award for Outstanding Service
The Karen Rotondo Award for Outstanding Service honors the memory and legacy of Karen Rotondo, RN, the “Founding Mother” of the HCH Clinicians’ Network. It is awarded to one exemplary clinician in the HCH field annually at the National Health Care for the Homeless Conference*.
Nominations for the 2022 award are due March 11, 2022.
The award recognizes clinicians who provide culturally appropriate, high quality hands-on care to people experiencing homelessness. Clinicians may come from a broad array of disciplines—nurses, social workers, outreach workers, oral health providers, physicians, case managers, substance abuse specialists, mental health providers, health educators, and many more!
- Current HCH Clinicians’ Network Steering Committee members are not eligible.
- Any clinician may nominate his or her colleague, but self-nominations are not accepted.
- The nominee must be a hands-on caregiver who has advanced the goals of ending and preventing homelessness.
- The nominee must demonstrate vision and creativity in his or her work to improve the health and quality of life of homeless people.
- The nominee must go above and beyond his or her job description requirements.
- The Clinicians’ Network Membership Committee will review all nominations and select the award recipient based on the stated criteria.
- Clinicians’ Network staff will notify all nominators of selection results in April 2022.
- Nomination form completed by the candidate’s supervisor, colleague, or other professional associate
- Resume or curriculum vitae for the nominee
- Letter from a patient of the nominee describing how the nominee had a positive impact on his/her life
- Letter of support from a peer or coworker of the nominee
- Digital photograph of the nominee that will be used to promote the awards presentation and displayed during the National Health Care for the Homeless Conference
Please email all nomination materials to Lily Catalano by March 11, 2022. Incomplete nominations will not be considered.
*The Clinicians’ Network will provide support to the award recipient to attend the National Health Care for the Homeless Conference and receive the award.
Previous Karen Rotondo Award Recipients
2021 — Honora Mayfield, BS, FAACM-C
2020 — Teresa Savino, RN
2019 — Deb Borne, MSW, MD
2018 — Asma Inge-Hanif, RN, CNM, ANP
2017 — Charita McCollers, MSW
2016 — Elizabeth Salisbury-Afshar, MD
2015 — Matias Vega, MD
2014 — Rachel Solotaroff, MD, MPH MSW
Network Award Recipients Since 1996
Distinguished Service Award
Philip W. Brickner, MD
Outstanding Service Award
Deb Borne, MSW, MD
Local Hero Award
Janne Croll, PA-C
Subscribe today to Receive our latest e-newsletters
This website is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $1,967,147 with 20 percent financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
Copyright © 2022 National Health Care for the Homeless Council, Inc.
604 Gallatin Ave., Suite 106 | Nashville, TN 37206 | (615) 226-2292
Privacy and Payment Policies