Winter is Coming: Cold Weather and Disasters
Presented by the National Health Care for the Homeless Council
November 13, 2020 | 12-1 p.m. Central
The second installment in our webinar series on six winter crises, this facilitated discussion addresses how to prepare, plan, and respond to extreme cold weather and the corresponding health issues for those living outdoors, as well as natural disasters such as hurricanes and fires. Presenters will share examples of how they are leveraging federal and local funds and working with community partners, and discuss the challenges and strategies to overcome barriers posed by decompressed shelters.
- John Gilvar, Gilvar Consulting, HUD COVID-19 technical assistance provider
- Mike Savara, Assistant Director of Homeless Services for Oregon Housing and Community Services
- Noah Patton, Housing Policy Analyst, National Low Income Housing Coalition
- Jody Rauch, BSN, MA, RN, Clinical Quality Lead, Health Care for the Homeless Network, Seattle, WA
- Regina Reed, MPH, Policy Manager, National Health Care for the Homeless Council
Archived Webinar Video
Webinar: View on YouTube.