It Begins with a Connection: Communicating with Patients Who Are Homeless through Community Voice Mail
Presented by the National Health Care for the Homeless Council
September 26, 2012 | 1-2 p.m. Eastern
During this webinar, staff from Springwire and participating health care for the homeless grantees will demonstrate how Community Voice Mail and Resource Broadcasting are being implemented and share the successes and challenges of that process.
The National Health Care for the Homeless Council and Springwire have been collaborating on a national pilot project aimed at improving the health of people with chronic health conditions who are homeless or unstably-housed. Springwire has integrated Community Voice Mail and Resource Broadcast programs into the services of six HCH grantees providing patients with a reliable way to be contacted regarding individualized care and treatment regimens and well-designed public health and social service information. This webinar will demonstrate how Community Voice Mail and Resource Broadcasting can benefit HCH providers, staff, and patients and can help grantees meet PCMH and meaningful use standards by providing:
- a reliable way to reach patients for reminders about appointments and medication adherence related to their chronic conditions;
- greater continuity of care through consistent communication; and
- an efficient way to broadcast information and resources that directly support improved health (i.e. employment, housing, immunization schedules, etc).
- Molly Meinbresse, MPH; Program and Research Specialist, National Health Care for the Homeless Council; Nashville, Tennessee
- Anna Landa, MPA; Program Director, Springwire; Seattle
- Tom Stubberud, MPH; Manager of Homeless and Mobile Medical Centers, Family Health Centers; San Diego
View This Webinar:
Webinar: View on YouTube.
This website is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $1,967,147 with 20 percent financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
Copyright © 2021 National Health Care for the Homeless Council, Inc.
604 Gallatin Ave., Suite 106 | Nashville, TN 37206 | (615) 226-2292
Privacy and Payment Policies