COVID-19 Coffee Chat: Testing for COVID-19 in Homeless Shelters
Presented by the National Health Care for the Homeless Council
May 1, 2020 | 12-1 p.m. Central
As the COVID-19 pandemic response continues to evolve, new information is emerging as communities conduct broader testing in congregate homeless shelters. Of particular interest is the recent CDC data illustrating high proportions of positive test results upon universal testing in some shelters. This “coffee chat” discussion will feature CDC experts and clinical researchers from communities that have been involved in these activities.
Come to this discussion to hear about these initiatives and bring your questions about furthering testing in your community.
- Emily Mosites, Ph.D, MPH, CDC COVID-19 Response, Homelessness Unit, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA
- Travis P. Baggett, MD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Physician-Investigator, Massachusetts General Hospital, Director of Research. Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program, Boston, MA
- Sapna Bamrah Morris, MD, MBA, FIDSA, CAPT, U.S. Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA
- Kenneth Freedberg, MD, MSc, Director, Medical Practice Evaluation Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Barbara DiPietro, Ph.D., Senior Director of Policy, National Health Care for the Homeless Council
Archived Webinar Video
Webinar: View on YouTube.