Compounding Oppression: Antiracism in COVID-19 Response
Presented by the National Health Care for the Homeless Council
May 26, 2020 | 12-1 p.m. Central
Structural racism permeates the systems that perpetuate homelessness—especially the health care industry—and the homelessness response system itself. It is little surprise, then, that we are witnessing disproportionate impact on Black, Indigenous, and other People of Color (BIPOC) in the novel coronavirus outbreak, communities already plagued by housing insecurity. How can the Health Care for the Homeless field respond, and what should we have been doing already? This webinar will take up these questions with a panel largely comprising representatives from the National Health Care for the Homeless Council’s learning collaboratives on diversity, equity, and inclusion. In a coffee-chat format, discussion will lean on the contributions of attendees to support problem-sharing and peer support. Join us.
- Tanya DeHoyos, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Chief People Officer, National Health Foundation, Los Angeles, CA (she/her/hers)
- Sonja M. Spears, Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer, Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program, Boston, MA (she/her)
- Shontel M. Lewis, Vice President, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Colorado Coalition for the Homeless, Denver, CO (she/her/hers)
- Dr. T. Renata Robinson, Chief Human Resources Officer, Colorado Coalition for the Homeless, Denver, CO (she/her)
- Linda Son-Stone, Ed.D., Chief Executive Officer, First Nations Community Healthsource, Albuquerque, NM
- Michael Durham, MTS, Technical Assistance Manager, National Health Care for the Homeless Council (he/him/his)
- Lauryn Berner, MSW, MPH, Research Manager, National Health Care for the Homeless Council (she/her/hers)
View This Webinar:
Webinar: View on YouTube.
This website is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $1,967,147 with 20 percent financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
Copyright © 2021 National Health Care for the Homeless Council, Inc.
604 Gallatin Ave., Suite 106 | Nashville, TN 37206 | (615) 226-2292
Privacy and Payment Policies