Building the Plane While Flying It: Health Care for the Homeless, Telehealth and COVID-19, Part II
Presented by the National Health Care for the Homeless Council
September 29, 2020 | 1-2 p.m. Central
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, many Health Care for the Homeless (HCH) health centers utilized telehealth platforms in various creative and interesting ways. However, as the pandemic swept across the nation making in-person visits less safe, HCH health centers transitioned rapidly, in some instances overnight to implementing telehealth.
Recently, Council staff conducted interviews with 17 HCH health centers to learn about their experiences initiating and implementing telehealth to engage people experiencing homelessness living in shelters, on the street, and in hotels. Bring your coffee, tea or water and join us for this hour of interactive peer learning.
This Coffee Chat is the second of our series highlighting representatives from three HCH health centers featured in the Council’s recent publication on telehealth. During this conversation, information on how to engage clients through telehealth to enhance the experience, and how to develop low-literacy messaging. Presenters will discuss how to engage clients with limited or no access to internet or broadband services and establishing “technology hubs” can address these challenges.
- Kasey Harding-Wheeler, Director, Center for Key Populations, Community Health Center, Inc., Wherever You Are – Health Care for the Homeless Program, Middletown CT
- Amber Price, Health Advocate, Partnership Community Health Center at COTS, Appleton, WI
- Patricia Sarvela, Development Director, Partnership Community Health Center, Appleton, WI
- Yasmeen Quadri, Medical Director, Health Care for the Homeless Program, Harris Health System, Houston, TX
- Darlene Jenkins, Senior Director of Programs, National Health Care for the Homeless Council
View This Webinar:
Webinar: View on YouTube.
Subscribe today to Receive our latest e-newsletters
This website is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $1,967,147 with 20 percent financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
Copyright © 2022 National Health Care for the Homeless Council, Inc.
604 Gallatin Ave., Suite 106 | Nashville, TN 37206 | (615) 226-2292
Privacy and Payment Policies