Through a Cooperative Agreement with the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), the National Health Care for the Homeless Council (Council) will provide a limited number of Consumer Conference Subsidies to support consumer participation in the 2021 National Health for the Homeless Conference & Policy Symposium (Conference) occurring virtually Monday, May 10, to Friday, May 14.
- Consumers are defined as people who have experienced homelessness and have received services from the HCH grantee. The attendee should be one of the following:
- Member of HCH grantees’ Board of Directors, or
- Member of Consumer Advisory Boards of HCH grantees, or
- Employee of HCH grantee.
- HCH Grantees, for this purpose, are agencies that receive HCH grants from HRSA under Section 330(h) of the Public Health Service Act, or their subcontractors or sub-grantees (as listed in our HCH Grantee Directory).
This subsidy is for one consumer to attend the Conference. The subsidy includes the registration fee for a Pre-Conference Institute on Monday, May 10; the Main Conference May 11-13; and a Learning Lab on Friday, May 14.
Organizational representatives are responsible for supporting consumers in accessing the technology and space necessary to attend the virtual conference.
A large national conference in an unfamiliar setting is potentially overwhelming for any conference participant. To help assure a positive experience for all consumers, NCAB has developed a mentoring program pairing experienced NCAB leaders with new consumer attendees to provide orientation and ongoing support for each new consumer, both before and during the Conference. A member of NCAB leadership will be contacting all first-time attendees prior to the Conference regarding mentorship, so please ensure consumer contact information is as reliable as possible. If you have attended previously but would still like a mentor, please contact Katherine Cavanaugh, Consumer Advocate, at email@example.com or (443) 703-1320. All NCAB steering committee members, Regional Representatives, and the staff of the Council will be available to assist during the Conference, as well.
Priority for selection will be in the following order:
- Consumer who is presenting at the 2021 Conference;
- Consumer who has not previously attended a NHCHC National Conference;
- Consumer who is nominated by a Consumer Advisory Board or Board of Directors;
- Consumer who is a member of a Consumer Advisory Board or Board of Directors;
- Consumer who is currently employed at a HCH Grantee
Consideration will be made to ensure that each organization that submits an application is able to bring one of their consumers before other organizations are given multiple subsidies.
Application & Reimbursement Schedule
To complete the application, you must fill out three forms: Consumer Subsidy Application, Health Center Representative Agreement form (to be completed by HCH staff), and the Consumer Agreement form. These forms must be completed by Wednesday March 31, 2021.
Decisions regarding consumer Conference subsidy applications will be communicated to applicants and consumers via email by Wednesday, April 14, 2021.
If you have any questions please contact Cindy Manginelli, Director of Community Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is supported by the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $1,967,147, with 20.92 percent financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the presenters and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.