Nutrition and Diabetes: How Medical Nutrition Therapy Can Improve Diabetes Management
Presented by the National Health Care for the Homeless Council
Thursday, February 28, 2019 | 1:00-2:00 p.m. CT
March is National Nutrition Month! In recognition of this special month, the National HCH Council is hosting a webinar highlighting the important role Registered Dietitians (RDNs) play in the complex care of patients experiencing homelessness with diabetes. For people experiencing homelessness with diabetes, the most challenging part of the treatment plan is determining what to eat and following a meal plan. RDNs provide self-management education, support, medical nutrition therapy, and offer innovative approaches to nutrition care.
This webinar will present the Council’s recent publication focused on Nutrition and Diabetes authored by Registered Dietitians serving in health centers located in both urban and rural communities.
- Christina Watts, MS, RD, LD, Registered Dietitian, Foothills Health and Wellness Center, Clay City, KY
- Kelsey Doll, MA, RDN, CD, Outpatient Dietitian, Eskenazi Health, Midtown Mental Health, Indianapolis, IN
- Kimaya Joshi, RDN, Veterans Health Administration of Greater Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
- Elizabeth Murphy, RDN, LDN, Community Dietitian, Heartland Alliance Health, Chicago, IL
- Laura Samnadda, MS, RD, Director of Nutrition Services, Open Hand Atlanta, Atlanta, GA
Archived Webinar Video
Webinar: View on YouTube.
This website is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $1,967,147 with 20 percent financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
Copyright © 2021 National Health Care for the Homeless Council, Inc.
604 Gallatin Ave., Suite 106 | Nashville, TN 37206 | (615) 226-2292
Privacy and Payment Policies