Medication-Assisted Treatment in the HCH Community: Strategies for Expanding Services
Presented by the National Health Care for the Homeless Council
Wednesday, May 1, 2019 | 1-2 p.m. CT
While Health Care for the Homeless programs serve only 4% of all health center patients nationally, they are responsible for serving nearly 40% of all patients receiving medication-assisted treatment (MAT). Patient need and program requirements are likely important factors driving a high commitment to MAT, but HCH programs must still overcome challenges that are common to primary care environments. These challenges can include limited provider capacity, training, stigma, and organizational buy-in.
This webinar complements our recent publication with the Kaiser Family Foundation and features a discussion with staff from two HCH programs that have implemented successful strategies to start and grow their MAT program. Learn how you can increase and/or improve the MAT services your program offers.
- Lynda Bascelli, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Project HOPE, Camden, NJ
- Brian Colangelo, LCSW, Director of Mental Health, Project HOPE, Camden, NJ
- Martin Sabol, Director of Health Services, Nasson Health Care, Sanford, ME
- Rhianna Meadows, DO, Medical Director, Nasson Health Care, Sanford ME
- Dawn Gray, Program Manager of Special Populations, Nasson Health Care, Sanford, ME
- Moderator: Barbara DiPietro, PhD, Senior Director of Policy, National HCH Council
Archived Webinar Video
Webinar: View on YouTube.
This website is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $1,967,147 with 20 percent financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
Copyright © 2021 National Health Care for the Homeless Council, Inc.
604 Gallatin Ave., Suite 106 | Nashville, TN 37206 | (615) 226-2292
Privacy and Payment Policies