National Health Care for the Homeless Council
HCH Grantee Directory
Health Care for the Homeless Network of King County
The Health Care for the Homeless Network (HCHN) is a community project of Public Health – Seattle and King County. Through a combination of direct and subcontracted services, individuals who are homeless can access care at shelters and other homeless programs, community health centers, and public health clinics. HCHN collaborates with public health programs, including primary care, mobile medical, dental clinics, TB and STD clinics, maternal support services, school based health and family planning programs as well as contracted community agencies providing medical, behavioral health, and enabling services.
HCHN subcontracts with community based agencies to operate multi-disciplinary, interagency teams organized by geographic sub regions of King County. Services are provided at more than 200 sites, including shelters, day centers, transitional housing, a sobering support center, and community health centers.
Services include street outreach, primary care, dental care, nursing care, mental health and substance abuse services, case management, linkages to housing, eligibility assistance, a 34-bed medical respite program, and referrals. HCHN provides technical consultation and training for shelter staff on health and safety issues. Services for people who are homeless are also available at more than 10 public health clinic sites.
Linkages are with numerous health, human services, and government entities, including community health centers, Harborview Medical Center, and King County mental health and substance abuse service system. HCHN is a member of State and local homeless coalitions, a Regional Committee to End Homelessness, and the Washington State Association of Community and Migrant Health Centers. HCHN collaborates with public health programs, including primary care and dental clinics, TB clinic, HIV/AIDS program, WIC, and family planning agencies.
Estimated homeless population: 30,000
Patients served: 21,162 in 2018
- Catholic Community Services 33505 13th Pl. S, Suite C, Federal Way, WA 98003 Contact: Julie Goodman, Program Manager (206)503-0113 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Country Doctor Community Health Centers 500 19th Ave East, Seattle, WA 98112 Contact: Bernie Creaven, Program Manager (206)299-1971 email@example.com
- Evergreen Treatment Services 1700 Airport Way South, Seattle, WA 98134-1618 Contact: Chloe Gale, REACH Team Co-Director (206)223-3644 firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Kelley Craig, REACH Team Co-Director (206)223-3644, email@example.com
- Friends of Youth 13116 ND 132nd Street, Kirkland, WA 98034 Contact: Sasha Vine, Program Coordinator (425)298-4846 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harborview Medical Center 206 Third Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98104 Contact: Tricia Madden, Director, Downtown Programs (206)744-1500 email@example.com
- HealthPoint Community Health Clinic 955 Powell Ave SW, Suite A, Renton, WA 98057-2908 Contact: Katherine Gudgel Manager of Community & Social Services (425)203-0906 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Neighborcare Health Community Health Centers Pacific Tower 1200 12th Avenue South, #401, Seattle, WA 98144 Contact: Joanna den Hann Homeless & Housing Programs Manager (206)548-3875 email@example.com
- University of Washington Division of Adolescent Medicine PO Box 357920 Seattle, WA 98195 Contact: Amy Wesner, Youth Clinic Manager (253)229-1461 firstname.lastname@example.org
- YWCA 1118 5th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101 Contact: Maisy Lane, Program Manager (206)461-4489 email@example.com
401 5th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104