- This event has passed.
Tobacco Cessation for Homeless Individuals and Public Housing Residents: A Brief Review
November 16 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Join the National Health Care for the Homeless Council and the National Center for Health in Public Housing Nov. 16 at 1 p.m. CST for a webinar focusing on introducing clinicians, health educators, and community health workers to the rationale for doing smoking cessation with public housing and unhoused individuals served by health center programs.
This webinar will also provide information on the seven FDA approved cessation medications as well as proven behavioral counseling techniques to help individuals stay quit permanently.
- Review the impact of tobacco use and the rationale for smoking cessation in public housing residents and unhoused individuals
- Detail the 7 FDA approved cessation medications
- Introduce brief behavior modification techniques that can be implemented in any clinical setting
- Jose Leon, MD, Chief Medical Officer, National Center for Health in Public Housing (NCHPH)
- Alaina Boyer, PhD, Senior Director of Programs, National Health Care for the Homeless Council (NHCHC)
- Frank Vitale, National Director, Pharmacy Partnership for Tobacco Cessation Clinical Assistant Professor, Purdue College of Pharmacy