Respite Care Providers’ Network
The RCPN is the preeminent national voice for those who are simply too ill to languish in the streets. We support the development of new and existing medical respite programs through education, client advocacy, networking and research. In addition to hosting an annual conference and other training events, we provide comprehensive respite resources and information.
The mission of the Respite Care Providers’ Network is to improve the health status of individuals who are homeless by supporting programs that provide medical respite and related services.
Join the Respite Care Providers’ Network
The Respite Care Providers’ Network operates as a Standing Committee of the National Health Care for the Homeless Council. We invite your participation at the following levels:
- Join the Respite Care Providers’ Network by becoming an Individual Member of the National Health Care for the Homeless Council. On the Individual Membership Application form, simply choose the RCPN membership option, and elect to receive Respite News.
- List your program in the Medical Respite Program Directory. Contact Julia Dobbins for more information.
- Become an Organizational Member of the National Health Care for the Homeless Council.
- Nominate yourself or a colleague to serve on the RCPN Steering Committee. Open positions are announced in January of each year in Respite News and on this webpage.
- Nominate a person, team, or agency for the 2020 Willie J. Mackey National Medical Respite Award.
2019-2020 RCPN Steering Committee (effective July 1, 2019)
The mission of the Respite Care Providers’ Network (RCPN) is to improve the health status of individuals who are homeless by supporting programs that provide medical respite and related services. The RCPN Steering Committee works to achieve this mission.
Donna Biederman, DrPH, MN, RN (VICE CHAIR)
Duke University School of Nursing
Melissa Brown, LICSW
Manager, Edward Thomas House
Harborview Medical Center
Kim Despres, BSN, DHA
Grand Canyon University
Henry Fader, JD
Pepper Hamilton LLP
LaSonya Kelly, LCSW-C
Manager, Health Care for the Homeless
Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services
Pamela Kerr, MSW
Susannah King, MSW, LICSW
Social Work Unit Supervisor
Hennepin County Health Care for the Homeless
Brooks Ann McKinney, MSW
Director of Vulnerable Populations
Cone Health and Hospitals/Triad Health Network ACO
David Munson, MD (CHAIR)
Barbara McInnis House
Annie Nicol, FNP, PA
Director of Homeless Services
Petaluma Health Center
Randy Pinnelli, PA
Care Link – Community Medical Centers, Inc.
Courtney Pladsen, DNP, FNP
Greater Portland Health
Complex Care Program Manager
Central City Concern
Preston Witt, BA
Chief Services Officer
This website is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $1,967,147 with 20 percent financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
Copyright © 2021 National Health Care for the Homeless Council, Inc.
604 Gallatin Ave., Suite 106 | Nashville, TN 37206 | (615) 226-2292
Privacy and Payment Policies