Assessment & Intake
Determining patients’ housing status is a common challenge for health centers and other providers. The following resources explain the importance of screening for homelessness and other social determinants of health at intake, and address related considerations. For sample forms used for housing assessment at HCH programs, contact us.
- Ask & Code: Documenting Homelessness Throughout the Health Care System (October 2016) | Presented by the National Health Care for the Homeless Council
- HRSA Needs Assessment for HCH Grantees (February 2014) | Presented by the National Health Care for the Homeless Council
- Filling the HCH Gap: Case Studies of Non-HCH Health Centers Serving People Experiencing Homelessness (2021) | Case Study
- Ask & Code: Documenting Homelessness Throughout the Health Care System (2016) | Policy Brief
- Third-Party Verification of Homelessness for Eligibility Determination (2018) | Technical Assistance Resource
- HOUSED BEDS: A Clinical Tool for Taking a History on an Unsheltered Homeless Patient (2019) | Corinne T. Feldman, Brett J. Feldman, (USC Keck School of Medicine) and Joel J. Hunt (JPS Health Network)
- Protocol for Responding to And Assessing Patients’ Assets, Risks, and Experiences (PRAPARE) | NACHC and partners
- SDOH Resources from the Health Center Resource Clearinghouse
This website is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $1,967,147 with 20 percent financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
Copyright © 2021 National Health Care for the Homeless Council, Inc.
604 Gallatin Ave., Suite 106 | Nashville, TN 37206 | (615) 226-2292
Privacy and Payment Policies