- Nutrition and Diabetes Guide: How Medical Nutrition Therapy Can Improve Diabetes Management (2019) | National Health Care for the Homeless Council
- Nutrition and Diabetes: How Medical Nutrition Therapy Can Improve Diabetes Management (February 2019) | National Health Care for the Homeless Council
- Nutrition and Diabetes: Special Considerations for Clients who Are Unstably Housed (November 2017) | National Health Care for the Homeless Council
- Promoting Healthy Habits: Innovative Nutrition Education & Physical Activity Programs for Homeless Children & Families (2013) | Hosted by the National Health Care for the Homeless Council
- No Place at the Table: Hunger and Homelessness (2011) | Healing Hands, National Health Care for the Homeless Council
Programs, Organizations & Resources
- Hunger and homelessness survey: A status report on hunger and homelessness in America’s cities (2016) | United States Conference of Mayors
- Federal Nutrition Assistance Programs
- Child and Adult Care Food Program
- Food Assistance for Disaster Relief
- School Meals, including Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program, National School Lunch Program, School Breakfast Program, and Special Milk Program.
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), WIC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program, Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program
- Summer Food Service Program
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Federal Food Distribution Programs
- Commodity Processing
- Commodity Supplemental Food Program
- Nutrition Services Incentive Program
- Schools/Child Nutrition Commodity Programs
- Emergency Food Assistance Program
- Hunger and Food Security
- Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program
- Feeding America
- Food Research and Action Center
- Migrant Clinicians Network | Patient Education Materials in English and Spanish
- Nutritional Assessment of Free Meal Programs in San Francisco (2013) | CDC study explaining how soup kitchen meals are more fattening than nutritious.
- Feeding America’s Healthy Food Bank Hub. This website provides many education tools and resources related to healthy food distribution and nutrition education. The Hub is a product of Feeding America’s collaborative with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and the National Dairy Council to promote health while fighting hunger.
- EatFresh: Tasty Recipes on Your Budget from the San Francisco County Human Services Agency offers SNAP participants and other low-income families resources with budget-friendly nutrition information. It has many great recipes, tips for healthy living, and much more.
This website is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $1,967,147 with 20 percent financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
Copyright © 2021 National Health Care for the Homeless Council, Inc.
604 Gallatin Ave., Suite 106 | Nashville, TN 37206 | (615) 226-2292
Privacy and Payment Policies