Healing Hands Issues
- Hepatitis C Update (2013)
- The Specter of Liver Disease (2008)
- Chronic Hepatitis C: Silent Intruder, Insidious Threat (1999)
- Hepatitis C Handbook (2014) | SAMHSA’s easy to understand guide that uses plain language and a simple cartoon style to explain what hepatitis C is, how to avoid it, what is involved with screening, and treatment options.
- Addressing Viral Hepatitis in People With Substance Use Disorders (2011) | Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration – Assists behavioral health professionals who treat people with substance abuse problems in understanding the implications of a diagnosis of hepatitis. Discusses screening, diagnosis, and referrals and explains how to evaluate a program’s hepatitis practices.
- Decompensated Chronic Liver Disease with Comorbid Treatable Aplastic Anemia in a Homeless Adult Male (2008) | HCH Clinicians’ Network – This case report presents a cascade of life-threatening complications arising from a chronic hepatitis C infection in a homeless man, originally contracted from contaminated tattoo needles.
- The Health Care of Homeless Persons: A Manual of Communicable Diseases & Common Problems in Shelters & On the Streets (2004) | This 384-page manual describes serious health problems that commonly afflict homeless persons and discusses appropriate responses and treatment. Included are chapters on hepatitis A, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C.
This website is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $1,967,147 with 20 percent financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
Copyright © 2021 National Health Care for the Homeless Council, Inc.
604 Gallatin Ave., Suite 106 | Nashville, TN 37206 | (615) 226-2292
Privacy and Payment Policies