Practice Operations Manager (Albuquerque, NM)
Since 1985, Albuquerque Health Care for the Homeless has dedicated its mission exclusively to providing services to people experiencing homelessness. AHCH provides a distinctive continuum of integrated care through outreach and site-based services to address the health-related causes and consequences of homelessness. Our vision is to live in a world that is just and without homelessness. We believe that homelessness is an issue that can be solved through access to quality health care, adequate and affordable housing, and a living wage.
We are looking for an engaged, energetic, and organized Nurse Practitioner to join our team in the role of Practice Operations Manager. This position oversees our Nurse and Medical Assistant staff and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the back-office of the AHCH Primary Care clinic. This position will also engage part-time in direct patient care and serve as backup for our medical primary care team.
Our perfect candidate has experience within a family practice/primary care setting, possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, and has the ability to be flexible and adaptable in balancing part-time patient care and administrative duties. Our team is in a period of dynamic growth and we need someone with a growth mindset and ability to flex between types of roles when necessary. A high level of understanding and implementation of scheduling, goal-setting, developing processes and procedures, technological skill to work in and develop workflows within our EMR, and the ability to work with diverse people and disciplines are central to the success of this role.
- Ability to thrive in a complex healthcare setting.
- Have a strong desire to work in an integrated/cross-disciplinary team model.
- Experience documenting services in an EHR/EMR
- Experience providing primary or urgent care in a medical/clinical setting.
- 1 year of experience in clinical office operations.
- 2 years in a leadership role in a clinical setting.
- 2 years of nursing experience, with a preference for family or primary care settings.
- Graduated with MSN or DNP.
- Licensed CNP, FNP, ACNP, or AGNP through New Mexico Board of Nursing or eligible for licensing.
- Current DEA and CSR license.
- Have the X-waiver for DEA or the ability to obtain in 1st 60 days.
- 2 or more years providing family or primary care in a medical/clinical setting.
- 2 years of experience in clinical office operations.
- 3 years in a leadership role in a clinical setting.
- Previous experience with outreach/street medicine.
- Clinical experience with underserved populations, those with SMI/CMI, and substance abuse disorder.
- Previous experience working in an FQHC.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
Bilingual Spanish speakers, POC, LGBTQIA+, veterans, persons with disabilities, and women encouraged to apply.
Albuquerque Health Care for the Homeless is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. We comply with State and Federal employment practice laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of an applicant’s age, race, ethnicity, creed, national origin, religion, veteran status, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation.
All benefits begin the month after hire:
- Low cost medical, vision, and dental insurance with health club membership
- Life insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment fully paid for by company
- Long Term Disability fully paid for by company
- Paid Time Off – 24 days in first year of employment
- Catastrophic Sick Time accrual
- 7 Paid holidays
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 403 (b) with employer contributions after two years of service
- EAP services
- Student loan forgiveness eligible
This website is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $1,967,147 with 20 percent financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
Copyright © 2021 National Health Care for the Homeless Council, Inc.
604 Gallatin Ave., Suite 106 | Nashville, TN 37206 | (615) 226-2292
Privacy and Payment Policies