Nurse Practitioner (Sanford, ME)
York County Community Action Corp.
Nasson Health Care
Nasson Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Center located in Springvale, Maine. We serve the communities of western York County through provision of fully integrated medical, dental and behavioral health care.
Nasson Health Care is seeking a qualified clinical leader to work collaboratively with a team of health and administrative professionals to provide comprehensive primary care to patients while utilizing the Patient-Centered Medical Home model of care delivery. The Nurse Practitioner:
- Provides direct clinical services in accordance with the highest standards of medical and nursing practices and in full accordance with health center policies and protocols.
- Assures access for continuity of care through appropriate referrals for sub-specialty and inpatient services and prompt follow-up of patients discharged from inpatient settings.
- Engages population health strategies to identify and address health needs among various segments of the primary care patient panel and makes optimal use of the electronic medical record system.
- Collaborates with other members of the practice team to prepare for patients’ office visits and assure that all indicated services are planned and delivered.
- Actively engages in ongoing provider panel management activities; routinely scans patient records for gaps in care and takes steps to assure that appointments are scheduled and all indicated services are delivered.
- Fully embraces and carries out all applicable NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home standards and Federally Qualified Health Center requirements.
Applicants must have a Master’s degree in nursing, an unrestricted Maine license to practice as an adult, family or pediatric nurse practitioner, as well as a U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency license. Qualifications include:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a primary care medical practice required.
- A working knowledge of the core concepts of evidence-based practice, social and behavioral determinants of health, population-based care, integration of medical, behavioral health and dental care, and Meaningful Use of health information technology.
- Demonstrated respect for cultural diversity in serving patients and families and ability to apply critical thinking skills in performing patient assessment and care.
- Willingness to work some non-traditional hours and ability to travel between YCCAC/Nasson Health Care clinical sites.
Springvale is an iconic New England village located in western York County, Maine, less than an hour’s drive from Portland, Maine and Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Visit www.yccac.org for an application. Completed cover letter, resume, and YCCAC employment application will be accepted until August 6, 2021.
York County Community Action Corp.
6 Spruce Street, P.O. Box 72
Sanford, ME 04073
(207)324-5762 or 1-800-965-5762
This website is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $1,967,147 with 20 percent financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
Copyright © 2021 National Health Care for the Homeless Council, Inc.
604 Gallatin Ave., Suite 106 | Nashville, TN 37206 | (615) 226-2292
Privacy and Payment Policies