Clinic Registered Nurse (San Diego, CA)
Clinic Registered Nurse
Village Health Center at Father Joe’s Villages
Health ServicesRegular Full-Time
Medical Clinic, 1501 Imperial Avenue
San Diego, CA, US
Salary Range:$26.7700 To $32.7900 Hourly
Job Title: Clinic Registered Nurse
Reports To: Manager of Clinical Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Do you want to work for a company where your work has meaning? At Father Joe’s Villages, we’re looking for compassionate, mission-driven individuals to join our team and help us end homelessness one life at a time. Our work is driven by our C.R.E.E.D which is the foundation for our interactions with clients, volunteers, other staff members and the community at large:
- Compassion-Concern for others and the desire to assist.
- Respect-An act of giving particular or special regard.
- Empathy- Understanding and being aware of and sensitive to the feelings, thoughts, and the experience of others without judgment.
- Empowerment- Helping others to help themselves.
- Dignity-All people are considered worthy of our esteem.
This position assesses and treats patients utilizing standing and direct orders from physicians and other licensed independent practitioners within the scope of their practice and oversees some tasks of the Medical Assistants.
- Flexible Work Arrangements*
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Onsite Childcare
- Free Lunch for most locations
- Leadership Training Program for Supervisors
- Casual Dress Code for most positions
*Some programs allow a flexible work schedule to accommodate educational or other personal interests.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assisting with the direct care (triaging, administering medications, education, etc.) of patients and working with independently licensed clinicians in an outpatient clinic setting.
- Places and documents phone calls related to the coordination of patient care in an electronic medical records system.
- Collects patient care metrics for process improvement measures.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Active RN license from Board of Registered Nursing in California or registered to take the licensing exam (NCLEX)
- CPR/First Aid & AED certified.
- Intermediate user of MS Office.
- Participate in an annual Tuberculosis screening and/or other screenings when necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be granted where appropriate.
- Work involves continuous exposure to (bio) hazardous substances, potentially dangerous situations, and unpleasant work conditions such as adverse weather conditions or extreme risk of accident or ill health
- Bending and Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at waist.
- Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders or stairs using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized.
- Moderate Carrying/Lifting: Physically transporting, raising items from a lower to a higher position, or moving objects horizontally weighing 15 to 44 pounds from one location to another.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knees to come to rest on one or both knees.
- Mobility Requirement: Ability to get from one office location to another.
- Reaching above shoulder: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Repetitive motion: Substantial movements of the wrists, hands, fingers, and/or upper body for sustained periods of time, including using extremities to drag, push, pull or grasp.
- Sitting: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot, particularly for long distances.
- Visual Requirement: Able to see and read computer screens, detect color coding, etc.
- Hearing Requirement: Able to detect specific noises, proper equipment operation
Applications can be submitted at the link below:
Subscribe today to Receive our latest e-newsletters
This website is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $1,967,147 with 20 percent financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
Copyright © 2022 National Health Care for the Homeless Council, Inc.
604 Gallatin Ave., Suite 106 | Nashville, TN 37206 | (615) 226-2292
Privacy and Payment Policies